Friday 24 January 2014

GUESTPOST #2: The Savvy Styler: Wardrobe Staples| From Winter to Spring

Hello everyone! I am Katie from The Savvy Styler. I am so delighted that Eleanor has asked me to guest post on her lovely blog! This is my first ever guest post as I am still quite new to the whole blogging thing, so I hope you like it! My blog focuses on inexpensive and unique fashion style, so I thought today I would show you all how I think you can transform your winter wardrobe staples into wearable spring pieces.
As the weather warms up, a lot of us find ourselves hitting the shops to find new pieces and items to add to our spring wardrobes. We put out winter clothes away and replace them with shiny and new clothes and accessories. However, for those of us who are still short of cash after the party season this is not always feasible. So today for my guest post I thought I would show you all how to transform your winter staples into spring staples and give your old pieces a new lease of life! Hopefully, a lot of the pieces shown below will already be residing in your wardrobes and you won't have to go on a shopping spree to find them! My aim here is to give you some outfit inspiration without breaking the bank by working with what you already have!
Wardrobe Staples

The denim shirt
Nearly everone has a denim shirt! I have two, one is about five years old that I still turn to when I am stuck for something to wear. In the winter I used to layer up denim shirts over dresses, skirts, light jumpers and jeans. So basicaly everything in my wardrobe! As the weather warm up I find that the staple denim shirt is perfect for layering over your spring outfits, from pastel dresses, cute skirts and even your skinny jeans depending if you are brave enough to tackle denim on denim.
Ankle Boots
This winter everyone seemed to jump on the ankle boot bandwagon, so why not get the best value ot of your past purchases! Ankle boots in the spring will look perfect with your light dresses and skirts. They look just as good with the legs out as they did last winter with your woolly tights! I love teaming my summer dresses with ankle boots and a denim jacket or shirt. It is simply as effortless outfit that can be put together quite quickly!
The Statement Necklace
Over the winter I wore a lot of statement necklaces, the majority of which were bought in Penneys/ Primark. Like a lot of pieces I am talking about today I think they are a staple for every wardrobe and for every season. Come spring time they will look great with your light pastel jumpers and collared blouses. I think they complete an outfit and I am sure you have tons stashed away in your jewellery box that you have forgotten about. Now is the time to spring clean and resurrect all your old pieces!
Coloured Blazer
This spring I will be pulling out my colour block blazers from last year! I have bright pink and turquoise ones; you should have a root around in your wardrobes and see what you find! They look great over light dresses or even your favourite little black dress. For a more casual day look, team them with some skinny jeans.
Dark/ Black Skinny Jeans
Dark or black skinny jeans are a wardrobe staple for all seasons. They go with everything from your winter woollies to denim jackets and colour block blazers and tops. Everone owns a pair, just think of a new way to wear them in the spring to add a light, more femenine appeal! Maybe add a floral top, cream blouse or a patel cropped jumper, the combinations are endless!
Cropped Jumper
I think everyone should have a cropped jumper in their wardrobe! I know I got a lot of wear out of them in the autumn/winter and I definitlet want to keep wearing them into the warmer months. Mine are mostly in dark colours, so I think I will be making a little investment into a nice pastel blue or mint cropped jumper. I will be throwing them over my skater dresses and skirts and high waist skinny jeans.
Cream blouse
A cream blouse is another all year wardrobe essential, it will practically go with everything in your wardrobe. From tucking it into skater skirts or layering over dresses and jeans. They are a perfect addition to any wardrobe and I am sure a lot of you already have one.
Denim Jacket
Like the denim shirt, I think that the denim jacket is also a wardrobe staple that will bring you from winter to spring. At the moment it might still be a bit cold to go out with just a denim shirt thrown over your outfit. But this is where the jacket comes in, thrown over your dresses and skirts it looks perfect!
I really hope you liked this post and that I have given you some inspiration to do a little spring clean and find all your wardrobe forgotten favourites. Have you got any other wardrobe staples that I might have missed out on? Thanks again to Eleanor for letting me guest post on her amazing blog!

2 comments:

  1. those things are great :) and so artless - best for interesting combinations ^^
    i follow u now on bloglovin !!!

    best wishes
    LorĂ¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks so much for following Lora :) x

      Delete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as possible! ♥