Monday 11 November 2013

MTV EMAs Amsterdam 2013: Best & Worst Dressed

Last night was the hugely anticipated MTV EMAs 2013 in Amsterdam, and as per usual, the second most anticipated feature of the night besides the awards, was the fashion. To sum it up in three words, flesh, sheer & black. Everywhere. From fishnet to vintage, lace to elegance, the main talking point was the sheer amount of flesh on show, not to mention the highly controversial presence of Miley Cyrus again. So below I have compiled my small pick of the best and worst dressed at the EMAs, what do you think? What were your opinions of the fashion favourites and fashion faux pas? :)

 1. Katy Perry began the night wearing a beautifully elegant structured mint satin dress by Zac Rosen resort 2014, teamed with a vintage Dolce & Gabbana headband and dusty pink Charlotte Olympia shoes. But it wasn't just her outfit which grabbed our attention, as eyes were drawn to what looks like an engagement ring on her finger!
2. Katy opted for a very different look after receiving her award, and slipped into a gorgeous sheer black fishnet skater dress, which she combined with chunky Chanel jewellery and red lips. Loving her shoes also!
3. Laura Whitmore remained classy in a beautiful strapless peplum mini dress, with white and black lace and feather embellishment, absolutely love this outfit.
4. Rita Ora never fails to impress, and aside from her usual quirky style, she brought old Hollywood glamour back to the catwalk in a sultry plunging neck, thigh- high split black gown.
5. As ever, Ellie Goulding looked stunning in a daring, completely sheer, black lace gown. This dress fits perfectly with her current "bare it all" style at the moment, and draws strong comparisons to the gown to wore to her X Factor UK performance just a few weeks ago.
1. Miley, what have you done? As a huge lover of Miley Cyrus, I usually try my hardest to see the best in her style, despite the controversy surrounding her of late. However, besides smoking a joint on stage and twerking again, this outfit was simply horrific. Her vintage mini lace up dress which adorned pictures of Biggie Smalls and Tupac was accompanied by gold and silver jewellery and monochrome thigh-high boots from the Tom Ford Fall 2013 collection, not a good look Miley.
2. It is safe to say that her style choices didn't get any better as the show progressed, as she completed her 'Wrecking Ball' performance in a high cut white body suit and skyscraper heels, the camel toe is not a good luck Miley.
3. Speaking of camel toe's Iggy Azalea managed to loose all dignity when she accidently had a wardrobe malfunction and bared all the cameras. Her sheer black dress, which was slashed all the way up to her belly button was however bang on trend with most celebs opting for black last night, and she teamed her dress with some beautiful red platform sandals, however not a fashion favourite.

*All images from www.dailymail.co.uk

20 comments:

  1. Wasn't a fan of Ellie Gouldings dress but I was in love with Laura Whitmores, she has such amazing style. Katy Perry looked great in both her choices too. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by Ritas choice, such a classy old school look she chose, she looks amazing.

    I was so disappointed with Iggys choice though, she's amazing and has such a great figure it's just a shame she didn't choose something not so, erm... daring haha.

    Great post, I love best and worst posts after a big event!

    Lisa x
    http://uniqueornbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Iggy's choice really disappointed me too! Thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love looking at red carpet outfits and wow these are some of the worst I've seen in a while! I think Katy looks great but Miley, what have you done!!?

    If I was on the red carpet, I'd play it quite safe and go for an elegant well fitted dress. Would hate to have a wardrobe malfunction!

    Kayspray.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant actually believe Miley wore this outfit! absolutely awful!! Oh yes definitely, me too, better to be safe than sorry aha xx

      Delete
  3. is it bad that I don't like any of the dresses?
    I guess I like Rita's dress because it was sexy yet classic.
    Loved reading this post, it's like reading an article in a magazine :) x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh when I was making this post, I can't say that any of them stood out as particularly gorgeous, bit of a let down really because they were all just average. Yes I really liked Rita's outfit, she looked gorge! Haha aww thank you, Im glad you enjoyed reading! :) x

      Delete
  4. ¡Menudos looks más atrevidos!
    Espero que visites mi blog guapa.
    Saludos de una bloguera pelirroja de Valencia (España) :)

    www.cienciadeti.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I know! I wouldn't dare make such an embarrassment of myself! x

      Delete
  6. Found your blog searching in internet and I find it very intresting!
    What about follow each others? Let me know, kisses!
    IN THE CHECKOUTLINE - FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Miley new style <3

    http://gabijasun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi..lovely blog...
    Would you like to follow each other on both gfc and bloglovin...?
    let me know..
    http://deepti01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! I am so gutted at the mess that Miley has turned into, love Laura Whitmore's outfit though! I have just started a blog myself and I'd love it if you would follow back / check it out? cocomademe.blogspot.com thank you for inspiring me in any case! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I know, at first I didn't really think she was that bad, and now she is just appalling, and that's coming from a Miley fan, I want the old Miley back! :') xxxx

      Delete
  10. I liked most of the styles however mileys boots really put off the whole look for me! I loved the lace up dress but the boots are just a nono just to much going on if they where black it would have been a lot better! :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were vile! Especially with that outfit, totally no no, I agree though, the style of the boot is fine but the pattern is way too in your face :) x

      Delete
  11. I totally agree with this, especially the worst dressed. I love Laura whitmores dress, it's really classy!
    Littlecoldcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post I think the best was Rita´s look and i complete agree with the worst , Iggy was so bad, what was she showing us? Like your blog
    zirtabmarlo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as possible! ♥