Monday 7 October 2013

VELVET REVIVAL

Whether you love it or hate it, nevertheless velvet is back on the high-street, and in particular Topshop have released a whole range of velvet inspired clothing, including shorts, skirts, tees, shoes, trousers and accessories. So whether your into velvet and want to experiment with velvet trousers and kimonos or just want to add a touch of velvet elegance into your outfit with a hair accessory or pair of shoes, Topshop has something for you. Personally, I wasn't excited when I heard about this, but when I have looked at the range, I really love the velvet shoes, corset, the kimono and playsuit, I have included my favourite pieces from the range below, but you can find all of it HERE.

1. Black velvet teddy playsuit- £40
2. Berry crushed velvet shorts- £32
3. Grey crush velvet skater skirt- £30
4. Velvet bunny ear scrunchie- £4
5. MOLLY 2 velvet t bar geek shoes- £32
6. Floral velvet leggings- £22
7. Embossed velvet fringe tee- £34
8. Apache velvet cut out boots- £90
9. Satin velvet strap corset- £25
10. Burnout black kimono- £45

*All images from www.topshop.com

24 comments:

  1. I love the look of velvet but its one of those fabrics I just hate the feel of! And purely on that basis I dont own anything velvet!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha, I just like it because it is so different, its a really unusual fabric to experiment with :) x

      Delete
  2. I have number 4! i am wearing the scrunchie right now! i looooove velvet personally as it is so comfortable too :) xx

    http://claudirella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow haha, I really want one :D yeah its a really soft and comfy yet stylish fabric :) xx

      Delete
  3. The shoes at number 5, I used to wear similar ones when I was at playschool hahaha, so glad they've come back into fashion!
    I've followed you and nominated you for the versatile blogger award,
    Check it out hereee:
    laurasrantsandreviews.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super cute, I see them everywhere at the moment, each store has put their own twist on such a cutsie pair of shoes, nawww I need some! Thanks for nominating me Laura! xx

      Delete
  4. Hiya hun! Another great post as always, i'm absolutely loving velvet growing up I hated it but all of a sudden its come back in fashion! I'm loving number 5 and 7. It's something I would wear!

    Don't forget to come say hi to me on my blog
    Jess x x

    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Aww thank you Jessica! I had so much velvet when I was little but I didn't think it would ever come back in fashion, its great! xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They are so weird but at the same time they are really cute and stylish, paired with some frilly socks they will look awesome day or night :)

      Delete
  6. I just love velvet, so glad to see it back this autumn/winter!
    Great blog, followed via GFC

    Check out my blog?
    www.lotsofbabble.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fabulous, whether you wear it prominently or just add a little to your outfit, its so great to experiment with :D x

      Delete
  7. Great picks.. In love with velvet :)

    Want to win an awesome pair of Giuseppe Zanotti inspired heels?
    Head over to my blog for more details:
    http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/2013/09/shoe-giveaway.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ich liebe es<3
    hast zwei neue leserinnnen:)
    *DISCODISCOPARTYPARTY*
    liebste grüße vom bodensee;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. ♥ BEAUTIFUL, i love those things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that fringed tee!!!!

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want 3 and 8 <3 i fall in love <3
    I'm a beginning fashion blogger please check and comment my blog www.shawsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful, thanks for commenting Shawsy! :) x

      Delete
  12. that kimono looks amazing!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love kimonos, and the velvet material to this one is just beautiful, defos thinking of buying myself one :D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as possible! ♥