Tuesday 27 August 2013

MTV VMAs 2013: Best Dressed

After reading all of the coverage from the MTV Video Music Awards, which was held in Brooklyn New York this year, I couldn't help but focus on what everyone was wearing! There were certainly some fashion mistakes, and I am sure you may have heard the outcry surrounding Miley Cyrus' controversial performance of the evening wearing just skin coloured latex lingerie, but there were some really amazing outfits of the night which I really wanted to share with you! While some celebs competed for the most extravagant or outrageous outfit of the evening, others channelled old Hollywood glamour into their outfits, and in my opinion, some of the best dressed celebs were Katy Perry, Ciara, Selena Gomez, Ellie Goulding, Miley Cyrus, Rita Ora and Taylor Swift... here is what they wore! :)
 Miley Cyrus- Dolce and Gabbana- Vintage Jewelled crop top and leggings/ platform Giuseppe Zanotti shoes/ Lorraine Schwartz jewellery
Lady Gaga- Prabel Gurung- satin gown with tulle train & rubber appliques
Katy Perry- Emanuel Ungaro- Brooches on monk neck printed cady- £3296 & Strappy blak and gold sandals 
 Ciara- Glittering white and silver gown complete with feather section
 Selena Gomez- Atelier Versace- Dark Blue floor length gown complete with sheer cut out bustier detail... My favourite outfit of the night...
Taylor Swift- Herve Leger By Max Azria- Plunging Navy Blue Gown
 Ellie Goulding- White and silver spiky dress teamed with matching heels
 Rita Ora- Alexandre Vauthier Couture- Extremely long feathered train and plunging jewelled top dress

*Images- Getty Images for MTV & WireImage for MTV

22 comments:

  1. love taylor swift's dress. mileys performance was the worst!!
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love miley, but that was too much, sh tried too hard and her singing was awful, big mistake!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hers was my favourite outfit of the night, it was gorgeousss! x

      Delete
  3. I really didn't like what miley wore, it looked really tacky :/
    on the other hand .. Selena, Taylor and Ellie were my favourites I think :) xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought her outfit was a little weird, but it was like 90's vintage, so I thought it was cute! Yeah, they looks gorgeous! :) xx

      Delete
  4. you blog is beautiful :D please check out my blog & follow if you like :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosina I will head over to your blog now :)

      Delete
  5. Selena and Taylor looked absolutely beautiful!
    Definately my favourites - Selena always get's it right though!
    You have an awesome blog!
    Steph xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They looked lovelyyyy! :) Selena is gorgeous her outfit was simply amazing, thanks for commenting :D

      Delete
  6. ciara favorim :) http://pembeemavii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely outfits!! I think the best dressed are Selena Gomez and Ellie Goulding!<3

    Great post! Thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both looked beautiful, I especially loved Selena's outfit, her outfit looked gorgeous :) xx

      Delete
  8. Taylor Swift and Ellie Goulding are my favorites!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her outfit was old Hollywood glamour whereas Ellie stuck to her own style and looked amazing! Love their outfits so much :)

      Delete
  9. Really love Selena's outfit because it's such a different look from what you usually see her in
    Miley's hair still make me laugh though, it looks like something you'd do on a boy you tried to make look like a girl xD..

    xoxo
    www.2-girls-and-a-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her outfit was a mixture of glamour and sexy chic, the bustier gave the outfit something different and she looked gorgeous without being too revealing :) Ahahaha your comment made me giggle, her hair is definitely a mistake but she is still awesome :')I will head over to your blog now Steffy :) x

      Delete
  10. I think Selena's outfit is definitely my favourite, she looks so stunning!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, she looked beautiful! :D I will check your blog out now :) x

      Delete
  11. Selena's outfit is gorgeous!

    ♥ www.imladiiekay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Her dress is unusual but absolutely stunning :)

      Delete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as possible! ♥